3.16.2004

I’m back from Los Angeles…it’s all a blur of sleep deprivation, LA Metro schedules, and on-the-set antics, but I’m pretty sure I had a great time and I was really thankful to have the opportunity to work on Mark’s film. (One can read Fangoria’s short blurb on the film here!)
I found out Friday that I’d be shooting on Sunday, so I bought a ticket and commenced panicking about the unknown variables of the upcoming days (where to stay, how to get there, call time, call place, memorizing lines, getting back to work on Monday, etc.).
My three scenes were shot on Sunday at Asylum’s office, which is in this crazy complex built in the 1930’s called The Crossroads of the World. I read that it was built to be LA’s first shopping mall, but it’s been converted into a bunch of quirky offices and, apparently, several film sets.
After meeting Mr. Baldwin and Mr. Kier, I spent hours in the obsessively talented hands of the make-up artist whose artistic vision exceeded any recovering goth’s fantasies. The rest of the 10 hour day was spent alternating between the make-up chair; crouching around behind Mr. Kier and looking evil; trying to stay out of everyone’s way; and blanking out on my lines out of some sort of mixture of nervous exhaustion, star-induced disorientation, and anxiety about not letting Mark down. But things did go well when the film was rolling.
All in all, the horror film is going to be rad: gore, fire, Udo, Eric as a burn victim…

Tonight I’ll be Terrance Stamp collecting at El Rio’s showing of The Collector, and then off to Café Du Nord to check out LoveMakers’ Tuesday. Jason P. thinks it can’t all be done, that I’ll only succeed in doing half of one of them. I’ll show him.