11.28.2004

Ah, the luxury of using the home computer at home.
After months of hoping my Dell would be reborn into an iMac G5 while I ignored it in it’s virus-ridden mess, I finally took a step in a direction. Last night I called my sister. I put it off because I have vivid memories of receiving piano lessons from her as a kid that literally hurt. But she knows her computer stuff and she stayed up late with me to show me how to look for Spyware in my startup menu. (Yeay! Thanks!) She said, “Call back tomorrow and we’ll start step 2.” Easy enough, but the Spywares kept reinstalling themselves…I’d cut down one and two would grow in its place! That was around 10:30pm.
Come 4:00am I pretty much had the situation under control…I reinstalled Windows, screwed around in the registry, and downloaded a Spyware killer (Ad-ware SE). I’ve won the battle and now I can check my email again…oh, only 326 messages in my audrawolfmann.net email account. Why did I want to fix my computer?