3.25.2005

What do The Flakes and The Lovemakers have in common? Absolutely nothing, but they both opened for The Kaiser Chiefs at Slims on Tuesday. I hadn’t heard of the Kaiser Chiefs (I’m sooo out of it, right? I haven’t seen MTV in approximately five years…and it was EuroMTV that I saw last, interrupted by Hungarian commercials!), but Desmond informed me they were hot stuff…sensitive scarf boys and all. So I got to hang around back stage, drinking free beer and eating free Cheese Nips with The Flakes, periodically mingling with the other bands, which were all kept in separate rooms. Proctor was brave enough to actually enter the Flakes’ room and discuss vintage suits with Brett. After several free beers, Peepin’ John and I thought it would be really funny to erase strategic letters from the bands’ names, which were written in chalk on each dressing room door. Unfortunately, we didn’t have much to work with (letter-wise and brain-wise): The Flakes became He Fake, The Lovemakers became The Makers (remember them?), and The Kaiser Chiefs…well, due to the chalk penmanship, we were able to get it to look like The Ass Chefs. Sorry Ass Chefs.