10.23.2003

If my family wasn’t so full of mental illness and physical deformities, I might have been a real snob.

Ok, so that’s not entirely true, but it’s some cool shit for this character that I’m working on to say. I’ve been writing the same short story for close to a year now and oddly enough, I haven’t yet lost faith in it. I used to crank ‘em out at an alarming rate back in grad school when the only inspiration I had was theory class…now, surrounded by real life tragedies, countless disappointments, alarmingly bad dates, a hilariously bizarre writing job, and endless strings of uncanny occurrences, I can’t seem to sit down and put brain to keyboard. So, if you’ve guessed by now that you’re a reading an exercise in “writer’s flow”, you’ve guessed correctly.

Oh, and also a place to share amazing things from the interweb...

Today's Meditations:

GI JOE: If you haven't seen these already...This is brilliant in the tradition of “What’s up Tiger Lilly” or even “Ferocious Female Freedom Fighters.” An art school kid has overdubbed those old GI Joe after-school morality shorts.

Premises, Premises: A Peer-Enforced Marketplace for New Ideas. Paul's really got a load of weird ones up there.

The Ralph Wiggum Sound Archive

Groovy funeral song from Psychomania, a film I highly recomend.