11.21.2003

So the All-Girl-Workshop was greater than great. And no, Ali, we didn't take our clothes off. But there was involvement of a leather couch. And Adrienne did speak the words, "Make her have sex with his pants!" Everyone is working on such interesting and challenging stories...I'm really looking forward to the future of our workshop. I got some useful discussion on my story and I feel more excited about it than I ever have.
New excerpt:
“Uh, yeah. That’s weird,” I said. The bar was filling up with the new breed of ‘80’s Kids that had cropped up in Fresno recently. These kids, in ironically dated Flashdance-style off the shoulder numbers and tight, pegged pants, were actually born in the ‘80’s and seemed to live to snort cocaine out of the filters of their Parliament cigarettes. They were attractive and androgynous in a way that made me want to eat them…just take bites out of their heads. I remember when Ellie and I used to dress like that, but that was actually in the ‘80’s.

****
I've forgotten to take all my pills again for the second day in a row. I'm turning into the old man Patrick warned me I would become! In other news, this is day four of the NO COFFEE challenge inspired by Nils. It will all be OK as long as there is tea...

On the topic of changing a cat's name: I'm really glad that Maggie came with her name, otherwise I would have named her something lame like "Joseph K."