2.09.2004

When I'm sick I feel like I've spent my whole life this way, with a sore nose and a headache, leaving a trail of Kleen-x wherever I go. When I'm healthy I don't think about it at all.
*****
This Friday the 13th is THREE DROPS OF BLOOD: "An intimate evening of performance curated by Ali Tabatabai"
Nanos Operetta is playing and my sister is going to sing! As I understand it, tickets are cheaper when gotten ahead of time and this show just might sell out. Here's the info:
Friday, February 13th 9:30pm, 12 Galaxies
Featuring:
Gamelan Sekar Jaya
Koichi Tamano
Nanos Operetta
Melissa Wolfmann accompanied by Rob Reich
Pamela Wunderlich

*****

The Tingle Tangle gals are on their way over so we can figure out next week’s show. Hurray!
On the subject of…
This is why Joe is so kool:
Is it wrong to reprint emails? Here’s Joe’s review of Amnesia’s Tingle Tangle…too bad he showed up on the wrong night.

"So after a long day of priming and painting my room I was totally
psyched to taxi dance with the most sultry Jew since Sammy Davis Jr. while the sounds of Weill and Porter took me to another time - a time before Bennifer, before American Presidents for whom English was a second language, a time when a big palooka could take his fast talkin'(a la Barbara Stanwyck) dame for a night on the town for the princely sum of $14.38. A time of, well, Porter and Weill. I got to the Amnesia and mulled around a bit sticking out like a sore
thumb in my Banana Republic ex-dot-com ensemble, while I drifted in a sea of big mook fedoras, non-prescription Elvis Costello glasses, and guys with vintage gas station jumpsuits."
*****

Today's Meditations:
Hipster Bingo: The only game in town. The truth hurts. Thanks Lara!
Chick on Goths: As Jack Chick would say, Haw haw haw (isn't that right, Paul?). Thanks Jason P. (who art in Europe)
A great miracle happened here: Jewish fashion conspiracy? Thanks Paul!