8.18.2004

THE PICTURES ARE FUN ENTRY:

You know, you let some people have access to a stage and sometimes it results in nuclear fall out:


The Spectacular Spectacular show pictures are up...hurray!
And look! It's Sailor Billy from SpeakEasily:



Rose was there too, as a native in gold heels. Hey, it could happen...in the parallel universe where sailors go-go dance and leaders of rock bands wear my uncle's fez.



I have approximately a bagillion things I gotta do right now including phone calls I'd like to make, shtick that needs to get written, SLEEP that needs to get slept, unearthing my apartment...but blogging seems to be the only reasonable thing to do right now. That, and watching The Family Guy, but I already did that.
Tomorrow Steven and Ryan are coming over to record a commentary track for the upcoming The Breathing Show DVD. It's getting distribution from FilmThreat! Yeah!
And then you can rent it on Netflix, ok?
The fact that Steve and Ryan are coming by means I need to make the car hole look like a human lives here; not one cat and a trash-collecting monkey.

Last night's SpeakEasily was another artistic triumph! And the people...they came out! And Roky Roulette...he stripped on a pogo stick! And the Lollies...were feathery and beautiful! And Kitten and Mr. Tinkler were the best duo since Tony Orlando and Dawn or maybe even peanutbutter and jelly. These folks are seriously libraries of prohibition song info!
Lots of familiar faces were there and a few new ones too. It all warms my heart and makes my head feel gooshie (i mean that in a good way). I may have even recruited a couple of new Meter Dancers.

OK! Don't forget this Friday is a SpeakEasily event in part with SomArts Cultural Center and ARTworkSF called The Cafe Show at SomArts Bay Gallery (934 Brannan St @ 9th, SF). Odessa Lil will be there shaking babies and kissing hands (and stealing material, obviously).

AND

Next Tuesday is always just around the corner!