6.26.2005

FUN WITH CHEESE~
We had a rockin' time at the The Sonoma-Marin Fair yesterday. Honestly, I don't get up to Petaluma very often, but seeing Amy and Nici's band AC/DShe at a fair seemed like a very good reason indeed!
This all-girl AC/DC cover band has become a local phenomenon with aggressively dedicated fans following them from show to show. The fair was such a great venue as it allowed for the next generation of fans to participate. There's nothing like seeing a four year-old girl scream that she wants to hear "Highway to Hell."

Maybe it's everyone's fantasy to experience their favorite heavy metal band in the form of hot chicks. Maybe it's because they're really good! AC/DShe has perfected the perfect mixture of sex, skill, and kitsch.

We stayed for their 6pm show as well as their 9pm show, as did most of the audience.

This is the first fair I've been too since The Big Fresno Fair of 1990 (or thereabouts). This was a lot more...wholesome!

Although I did catch Brett with another woman. I've always felt threatened by taller, bluer women.

And chicken...I'm threatened by chicken.


And scary, unsafe rides are pretty threatening too. I could just imagine the ducktape and spit holding these things together flying apart at any moment. I'm not sure how, but Amy and JT persuaded me and Brett onto a notorious deathtrap known as the Ferris Wheel!

And this weird tunnel thing.

Perhaps more frightening than the rides were the food exhibits...

Note the cheese couch on this one below.