10.24.2005

How to Make $10.00

I'm walking down the street towards Go Go Sushi (because the insect index is WAY up at Lee's Deli) and this guy carrying a huge bag of flowers and presents stops me on the street. He wants me to bring it up to his wife's office for him so she'll be surprised for her birthday. I kind of don't get the concept at first, probably because it's 2:00 pm and I haven't eaten yet and maybe because I'm still functioning on the whole October-entertainment-lack-of-sleep thing and possibly because I've taken 2 Midrin so far today and it could be because I'm still going over a case from work in my head...but he waves a ten dollar bill at me, pushed the package into my arms, and soon I'm in an elevator in a strange building, delivering a bag of birthday surprises to an electrical engineer. She's happy, he's happy...I go to vegetarian sushi on them. Lee's still sucks.