12.08.2004

I just wanted to say a big huge gigantic thanks for making last night's So-Long Mile High SpeakEasily the best Nouveau-Vaudeville happening it could be. The spirit of SpeakEasily was certainly alive.
AND what can I say about the awesome presents from the Meter Dancers? I was touched...in a way I'd rather not be touched. Haw haw haw. But does anyone know who put cake icing all over the pair of merkin-esque underwear?
I'm still recovering from last night, but Brett and I were able to get his disposable camera processed today and below are a few good ones (note Brett's thumb in a couple). More to come real soon!
ALSO...check out the low-tech SpeakEasily website.

Happy Birthday to Lisa and Ali and everyone else who got on stage! One guy showed me his drivers license to prove that it was his birthday.


The volunteer Kazoo Orchestra.


Bombshell Betty and Kingfish.


Tippy Canoe and Sailor Billy.


Rose Pistola and Sailor Billy...or is it Sailor Billy and Rose Pistola?


Odessa Lil and Jack Salteen...or is it just Audra and Brett?