12.29.2004

It’s that no-man’s-land time of the year.
The week between Xmas and New Years seems to belong to neither this year nor the next. It’s this odd limbo state where people float by your desk and say “Happy Holidays,” but then you go outside and already see abandoned Christmas trees in the gutter. (BTW, how come nobody ever sets those on fire? I can’t be the only one who thinks about that…little bonfires every three houses…Nice!)

There’s a lot to look forward to in January (the Tahoe hot-tub getaway with the East Bay gang) and some stuff I’m not looking too forward to (surgical procedure…bleeach!) and lots of plans and ideas for upcoming events and shows.

But for now, it’s time to get all introspective and shit…Does anyone really deserve cancer? Do my super-human powers have limits? Why is it that no matter what I manage to accomplish, I can’t seem to get over the rejections that people have dealt me? Is that related to a vitamin deficiency? Do I need more or less Prozac? Why does my coat smell like wet dog?

It’s also time to reflect on the words of others:

QUOTES OF THE YEAR:

“We have same DNA!” – Aunt Lucy

“Those laugh lines made me think you were older” – Guy in bar

“L.A. is full of Jews.” – Zeus, in conversation at our 10 year reunion.

“This is so cool…it’s the Scott Peterson/Amber Frey tour of Fresno!” - Brett, whilst in Fresno for my 10 year reunion.

“It’s not like anyone reads it.” -- Someone at work about the newsletter I produce for the department.

“…who runs SpeakEasily with the sass and self-deprecation of Carol Burnett in a blond wig.” –
The Chronicle about Odessa Lil.

“I want a press conference.” – Sailor Billy

“Sobriety is like ketchup…it goes so well with everything.” - Clive

AND it’s time for me to give YOU this nice collection of fun LINKS (yep, it’s been a while since I did that) to enjoy…and no, you can not return them for a refund.

BLORT!
Although I’m a huge Mad Magazine fan, Don Martin’s drawing have always freaked me out. It’s the floppy shoe, I think. But this
Don Martin Onomonopiac Dictionary is pretty rad!

One of my favorite people to look at online, Bianca Abel, has added a new galary to her website of herself in Josephine Baker-face! These pictures are quite outstanding.

Sta-Prest!
Dig this groovy collection of
1960’s trouser ads.


This blogger writes about stuff he eats that no one should eat…like Urkel-O's cereal and Beggin' Strips dog food.

In the WHAT THE HELL department…
Here’s an email I got today:
____________
From: "Prosiest Q. Terrarium"
To: "Audra"
Subject: defaming
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:32:41 -0500

Prevaricated
___________
Anyone care to elaborate?
Zzzzzz