12.13.2004

What it's all about:
Pat McCarthy captured many of the finest moments from last SpeakEasily- a virtual play by play of shtick, T&A, and the beautiful fezed people. This is what it's all about, people.

and in other news...
The Chanukah vs Hanukah debate lives on:
Both my sister and Jim sent this to me today: Hanukah-Heyya. You've probably seen it a million times too, but why not again since we're nearing the end of this year's festival of lights?

Friday I was part of another Fierce Couture fashion show. This one was part of The Rickshaw Stop's Club ID and involved The Peels and Sean Allen Fenn in some way. After hours of make-up and having my hair ratted to un-g_dly rat-tastic heights , my part was easy...hang out with various fetish models back stage (including the fascinatingly hyper KumiMonster), put on some awesome space clothes, and then try to model through a crowd of drunken 80's kids. As soon as that part was over and the latex was peeled off, I had to jump in a cab and go over to the Parkside to see Cracker Jack Salteen, Phantom Surfers, and The Bippies!
I missed Salty, but I did walk in just in time to see The Bippies setting up. (I hear Jack killed, though.) My hair was still huge and Brett didn't recognize me, even though I was wearing a shirt he gave me. Later when he figured out it was me, he said that I should keep my hair like that. While they were playing and Russell was hitting his head with a tambourine, a fellow at the bar (who was a little sloshed) tried to guess my age:
"I'm a lawyer and so I'm real good at reading people. I can tell you everything about you."
"Uhm, uh-huh."
"Like you're probably about 34, right?"
"Uhm, no."
"33?"
"Uhm, younger."
"32?"
"I'm 28!"
"Oh? Those laugh lines made me think older."
That's a good one, boys. Don't forget that while trying to score a few points next time out at the bar.
Saturday was The Flakes show at The Mile High. It's really going to be a shame to see that place go! But each time we go, we're all creating great memories...like the one moment during The Flakes show that everyone went ape-shit. Brett says it happens at everyone of their shows and he's probably right. All at once everyone lost their minds: beer can tap shoes, broken ornaments, weird fans going right up to the stage and making faces at the band...it was a good way to end the night.