4.12.2005

Pardon my lameness in responding to emails and failure to show up to many places over the weekend, but I spent three fun-filled days and two nights with the mutha of all back spasms. Bleeach! AND I missed APE (Alternative Press Expo). But Desmond was kind enough to drop by just now and bring me a Post Apocalyptic Funhouse shirt and he let me copy a copy of a compilation of copies of biker soundtrack music from 1966-1971 called EAT MY ANGEL DUST! It’s got hits from Wild Angels, Naked Angels, Hell’s Belles, Satan’s Sadists, and many more! But no Psychomania…good thing I already have that soundtrack. If anyone needs me, I’ll be occupied by my Girl on a Motorcycle fantasy.

I was able to borrow some Vicodin and therefore get out on Sunday night for The Flakes/The Stalkers/Time Flys show at the Parkside. In my Hydrocodone haze, I took a few pictures of those Flakes and friends:

Russell Quan!


Peepin John goes ape shit.


Carlos of The Mothballs and Brett. The Mothballs have a record out not on CAR-HOLE records!! CAR HOLE! CAR HOLE!!! CAR HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!


My fink.


Mmmm…Hydrocodone. That reminds me…House is on! Gotta go! I love House, but it might just be for his drugs.

Oh, two more things:

This week’s Maggie photo:


AND
ODESSA LIL will MC this upcoming event!
SMOK'D -- 35mm World Premiere Sneak Preview
A Frederic M. Banting Film

Friday, April 29, 8:00pm (please get there early as it’s expected to fill up fast!)
Phone: 415.260.1487 (to reserve a free ticket)

FREE!

Victoria Theatre
2961 16th Street
San Francisco,CA

Pre-show entertainment includes live music and the short film DAMAGE.

Advisory warning!!! No one under 17 years of age will be admitted to the show under any circumstances.

The doors close at 8pm, so please arrive at the theatre at least 45 minutes before the show starts. Limited parking is available at 16th street and Hoff. All moviegoers, however, are strongly advised to take BART to the 16th street station.