4.20.2005

Saturday was JT and Amy’s wedding in Carmel so Brett and I made a vacation out of it. I hadn’t been in Carmel since I was a kid and I was really shocked at how incredibly quaint that place is. Did I say quaint? I meant goddamnshitfuck quaint. (Brett’s reaction to the quaintness of our surroundings was to string together a line of obscenities when pointing out the quaintness of something, as in: “Look at the goddamn fucking cobblestone in front of that motherfucking quaint Tudor cottage.”
The wedding was a truly beautiful one…AND the wedding band was Dave Gleason's Wasted Days. That really beats the usual wedding DJ or Mariachi band.
Yes, I did bring Gizmo to the wedding.
We failed to run into Clint Eastwood, but there was a post-wedding party at his bar, The Hogs Breath Inn, which had last call at 11pm. How motherfuckinggoddamn quaint!
I’ve put some pictures from Carmel up here…http://www.audrawolfmann.net/Carmel2005
preview:




From Carmel, we headed East to Fresno to see the fam. I went on a digital camera odyssey of my favorite crumbling downtown Fresno landmarks. See them here…http://www.audrawolfmann.net/FresnoApril2005
preview:




My favorite models:


Good Stuff This Coming Up This Weekend:

Saturday:
The Phantom Surfers REUNION, The Del Lames, and The Mothballs
at The Ivy Room -858 San Pablo @ Solano Ave., Albany

Sunday: 4pm to 9ish pm.
Spinout{[!]} returns to the Riptide Lounge on Sunday April 24th! RocknRoll, beer, slot car racing. What more could you ask for on a Sunday afternoon? Okay, how about this: it's FREE! (except the beer part. Such are the ways of Capitalism).
The Riptide Lounge. 3639 Taraval St (at 47th Avenue). Plenty of parking. Or take the L-Taraval, which stops right in front of the place. Brother's Pizza (mmmmm!) is right next door.