12.02.2003

More MAIL BAG:

Dear Audra,

Today I found the duke you left in someone's computer.

Yours,
Patrick

p.s. I am serious; we found a turd in this lady's computer.


I think Pat is serious. For those of you unfortunate enough to NOT be from Fresno, let’s address the part of this letter that has to do with hiding a duke. It’s a quaint small-town custom that involves hiding your feces in someone’s house (say, like at a party), and then tipping the host off anonymously by leaving a note somewhere for him or her to find. Just for the record, I’ve never hid the proverbial duke, but about six months ago Ali, David, and I went to Jezebel’s Joint and really hated the DJ…naturally, Ali and I (Fresnan) convinced David (non-Fresnan) to deliver a note to the DJ. Then we ran. The note read:

Dear Mister DJ:
I hid a duke.
(lipstick smear added per Ali’s request)


I guess that dude is probably still wondering why David handed him that note.
I just trolled the internet for any documentation on duke hiding, and this is all I came up with --> some fellow’s log blog. And I thought I needed therapy.
If anyone has any additional information on the tradition of hiding a duke, please share as this is an open forum.

TODAY’S MEDITATIONS:

Cat and Girl: That Mike Guy said this particular comic reminds him of a conversation we once had. The two of us kind of look like that too.

Cat and Laibach: That Mike Guy like this one too.